Skip to content
I should write an actual review for this, because I have Feelings. I accidentally stayed up past midnight to keep reading until I was done.
- The Kingdom of Copper, S. A. Chakraborty
- Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay, and a Mother’s Will to Survive, Stephanie Land
It’s a shame this was quite dry and I hope someone weaves her story into a greater and more engaging book on several black female lawyers prolific in this era.
- Invisible: The Forgotten Story of the Black Woman Lawyer Who Took Down America’s Most Powerful Mobster, Stephen L. Carter
I thought this was a compilation but it’s more of a meta analysis. Probably not the best choice since I was barely familiar with Doucet.
- Sadie, Courtney Summers
- Finding Audrey, Sophie Kinsella
- Sweet Little Cunt: The Graphic Work of Julie Doucet, Anne Elizabeth Moore
- I Feel Bad About My Neck, Nora Ephron
- Kingdom of Ash, Sarah J. Maas
This has been recommended frequently alongside the Daevabad Trilogy and Throne of Glass series but I absolutely could not get into it. I tried very hard.
- Six of Crows, Leigh Bardugo